About 80-100 attendees, many using mobility devices, telling stories about poor and declining service.
Much thanks to Vincent Puhakka from Toronto TTCRiders for providing some guidance and advice.
About 25 people volunteered to sit on the organizing committee which will be tasked with drafting bylaws and voting on such issues as
- The name
- The vision/mission statement
- Bylaws on membership, voting rules, code of conduct, etc.
There was some pretty good media coverage:
- OC Transpo users forming one-voice alliance (Ottawa Citizen)
- City transit advocates hoping to create unified organization for riders (Ottawa Matters)
- Winter Transit woes (All in a day)
Keep watching this website or follow us on Twitter (@OttTransitRider) or Facebook for next steps.
We have a lot to do...do you want to help? Email us!